When you are hurt due to the negligence or wrongdoing of another person or a company, and through no fault of your own, you may be entitled to seek financial compensation for your hurts and harms. If you decide to pursue financial compensation, you will likely engage the services of a personal injury attorney. Most people seek out an attorney who
- Has a strong reputation for winning cases
- Is someone you believe is trustworthy
- Is someone you believe you can talk with comfortably
- Experienced in cases similar to yours.
- Is recommended by a friend, family member, or other person.
You choose an attorney that you would like to have represent you. You schedule an appointment, and you present the facts of your injuries to the attorney. The attorney may conduct some research of your case. Sometimes the attorney turns down your case. Often, you will be notified of this by mail or a phone call from a case manager. Often, you will not know why the attorney turned down your case. [Read more…]